Landlord and Tenant
We have extensive knowledge and expertise of the relevant residential and commercial property legislation and relevant case law. This together with our substantial library of precedent documents ensures we are able to advise you on all aspects of the landlord and tenant relationship and the legal implications of such, which can often be complex and confusing.
Most residential or commercial landlords have two major priorities – safeguarding and maintaining their property and protecting their income and investment. A difficult tenant can cause significant stress and unnecessary expense. We offer support and advice at every stage of the landlord and tenant relationship whether residential or commercial.
We provide a complete and efficient service, giving clear, cost-effective, practical and pragmatic advice on all matters arising from a commercial landlord/tenant relationship, whether at its creation, variation, termination or court proceedings and whether its acting for the landlord or the tenant.
- Granting or taking a new Lease
- Advising on assignment, underletting or variation of the Lease terms and drafting documentation
- Contested lease renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954
- Surrender and lease renewals
- Dilapidation claims
- Advising on tenant breaches and options available to a landlord
- Advising on breaches and options available to a tenant
- Advising on consent for alterations
- Rent recovery
- Possession actions