The breakdown of a marriage or relationship can be a time of enormous distress. It also brings with it important and often complex legal issues relating to finance and property, especially where family businesses, farms and companies are involved. The firm has an established reputation for dealing with these matters for high net worth individuals.
The practice of family law, and in particular the negotiation of settlements relating to complex financial structures, inevitably touches other disciplines. We act for private clients, many of whom use us for business services, in relation to financial proceedings arising out of divorce or relationship breakdown. Our practice emphasises heavily on complex and/or substantial assets cases and those involving family businesses.
We also provide advice and draft Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial Agreements as well as Separation Agreements for both married and cohabiting couples.
We act in relationship breakdown matters and Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 claims, again with emphasis on complex, substantial asset cases. When the need arises our family lawyers work closely with those in the firm who specialise in trusts, tax, property and commercial work.
- Financial Remedy proceedings
- Cohabitation disputes and Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 claims
- Complex financial negotiations
- Tracing hidden assets
- Asset freezing injunctions
- High-value family or business assets
- Tax consequences of divorce or separation
- Pension issues
- Inheritance problems
- Personal and corporate insolvency
- Financial support for children
- Separation agreements
- Pre-Nuptial and Post-Nuptial agreements